Saturday, April 10, 2010

Khloe Kardashian to Bullies: Get a Life!



As Kim Kardashian gets down to whatever business she engages in, sister Khloe is all business in a recent blog entry.

Following the tragic suicide of Phoebe Prince, a Massachusetts high school student that took her own life as a result of the constant torment she faced from fellow students, Khloe has gone off on bullies.

We often mock this reality star and her family, but we stand fully behind her cause in this case. Here's what Kardashian has to say on the topic:

I wasn't bullied in school but I was made fun of because I was fat. Thank God I had older sisters who the minute I told them what had happened would actually show up at my school to scare the kids, but not everyone has that. I have also always had thick skin -- even now the media can often be bullies but I am older now and I can take it.

The difference is that today these kids are given so many different outlets to bully. When I was a child and being teased, we didn't have Twitter, Facebook or MySpace so bullying only went on during school hours. Now kids go to school and are tortured, and they come home and still have to deal with it online -- there's no escape.



Khloe, seen above and below backstage at Lopez Tonight, continued:

I just don't understand why people feel the need to be cruel to others -- don't they have something better to do with their time? The fact that anyone can be SO vicious that it pushes another person to take their own life is unfathomable to me.

To the children who are bullying: Honestly, get a life. What does it say about you that you spend your time making someone else's life miserable? I feel sorry for you.

To the parents of the bullies: Kindness is the #1 lesson to teach your children.

To witnesses of bullying: Intervene, no matter what it does to your reputation!!!

To the children being bullied: Hang in there, things will only get better as you get older.

Amen, Khloe! Let's hope this starts a trend in which the Kardashians use their fame to send positive messages about self-esteem. That's something they haven't done in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment